The UAE Gender Balance Council
The UAE is a world model for gender balance
- Reduce the gender gap across all government sectors in the UAE
- Enhance the UAE’s ranking in global competitiveness reports on gender balance
- Promote gender balance in decision-making positions
- Establish the UAE as a role model for gender balance
- Promote the UAE’s status as a benchmark for gender balance legislation
Responsibilities of the Council:
- Reviewing current legislation, policies and programs, and proposing or updating new legislation or programs in order to achieve gender balance in the workplace.
- Recommending the implementation of laws, regulations, resolutions and international agreements related to gender balance, in order to ensure non-discrimination against women.
- Reviewing and monitoring international competitiveness reports, and developing programs, plans and policies aimed at reducing the gender gap in the workplace.
- Proposing gender balance indexes and submitting them to the Council of Ministers for approval, in addition to seeking to promote the implementation of said indexes in the country in coordination with the local authorities.
- Coordinating with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to represent the United Arab Emirates in international circles, and proposing cooperation agreements and joint programs.
- Creating a database related to gender balance in the workplace.
- Submitting regular reports to the Council of Ministers pertaining to the achieved progress, initiatives, projects and requirements of the Council in order to achieve its goals.
- Any other tasks related to the Council’s objectives, commissioned by the Council of Ministers.